Entry #9 The Dairy Industry
If you're anything like me, you probably couldn't go through 5 seconds of this video without dry heaving. This is the exact point that peta wants to make about the dairy industry. They flash gut wrenching images at you and make you listen to the screams of helpless animals in hopes that you will be fearful of eating or drinking any dairy products at all.
Peta wants to instill this feeling of guilt into the things that you eat. They want you to shy away from drinking milk for that night at the very least and they don't necessarily tell you or even show you exactly what's going on in the dairy industry, but they do flash you these horrifying images of cows being hit, abused, and bleeding everywhere.
Their soul purpose is for you to stop drinking milk, stop eating cheese, and overall become a vegan. I've been a vegetarian myself for almost 14 years and this video has definitely made me skip milk and cereal this morning. It's hard to realize that being a vegetarian alone doesn't diminish the mistreatment of animals. I always thought that we did it like my first grade field trip to the farm was. We all lined up to pull on the cow's utters and that's how we got our milk. I didn't know that it involved raping cows and obtaining their milk forcibly and mechanically.
This video by peta isn't there to give you every detail into why consuming dairy products is bad. It wants you to research that yourself. It wants to shock you and wants to make you aware that no, our dairy industry isn't that happy cow on the front of your milk carton. It's fear, pain, and torture, and you have to see for yourself. You have to look farther and dig deeper into what goes on behind the things that you eat.
I have watched these videos before and I hate how these animals are treated. I find it interesting the technique that peta uses to inform their readers that this is a major issue and it should be stopped. Their technique gets the reader thinking of ways to make the problem stop.
ReplyDelete