Entry #6 The True Meaning of Farenheit 451
I'm pretty sure almost everyone at some point in their previous 12 years of English has had to read Ray Bradbury's, "Farenheit 451." I remember having discussion after discussion about how this dystopian society parallels our own world. That it creates this idea of censorship that flattens the playing field for everyone. It eliminates discrimination and The entire book seems to be written as a warning. It infers that without intelligence, the world is dire.
However, Ray Bradbury wrote this book with a completely different purpose in mind. At a speech he gave in 2007, "Farenheit 451 is not about government censorship," but plainly means that people are "being turned into morons by TV"
It goes to show that I can't really trust what others say about the meaning of some type of literature or art. You will never truly know their meaning unless the author, themselves tells you. I believe that books and art are open to interpretation by the reader, but I believe that, that interpretation can really be anything. There's no right or wrong in how you comprehend something, so don't ever let anyone ever tell you you're wrong.
However, Ray Bradbury wrote this book with a completely different purpose in mind. At a speech he gave in 2007, "Farenheit 451 is not about government censorship," but plainly means that people are "being turned into morons by TV"
It goes to show that I can't really trust what others say about the meaning of some type of literature or art. You will never truly know their meaning unless the author, themselves tells you. I believe that books and art are open to interpretation by the reader, but I believe that, that interpretation can really be anything. There's no right or wrong in how you comprehend something, so don't ever let anyone ever tell you you're wrong.
Ash--Really nice job on your 4 new entries. You have interesting topics for discussion, really good development and analysis of those topics, and thoughtful rhetoric. Great writing flow and visual appeal. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete