Entry #1 Blogs

          I have always been the kind of person to stay away from all social media. I tend to only use facebook to share pictures of other people's cats. I keep to myself and since I have a pretty depressing life, I don't ever talk about it on any kind of platform. When we started talking about having to have our own blogs, I was really worried that we were going to have to write about ourselves a lot. After researching and looking through tons of different types of blogs, I now know that although there are many personal type blogs out there, not every blog has to be about yourself. 
     While going through the different types of blogs, the ones that were aesthetically pleasing to me really stood out. "Decor8," Is a straightforward kind of blog that talks about different beautiful things. It talks about interior design and depicts pictures from the inside of elegant homes. Another one that stood out to me was, "The Sartorialist." I'm not sure what "The Sartorialist" means, but the first thing I noticed when I clicked on the page is that, this is a fashion blog. It shows fashion from around the world and gives an interesting sight to how people around the world like to dress. The best part is, is that there isn't too much to read on each page so the fashion really speaks for itself.
     Even though this blog was on the top 50 blogs list, it looks to me like a third grader created it. "EschatonBlog," is  a blog that just really doesn't make any kind of sense. I have no idea what kind of blog it's trying to be and there isn't any form to the layout of it. The first few words on the page read, "Good riddance you weirdo," which was followed by a paragraph talking about something political. Right under this illogical paragraph , was a completely non-correlating picture of cats. It's like the person who created the blog has ADHD or something. This blog basically belongs on the top of my "do not read" list.
     Overall, I'm feeling much better about this project than I did at the beginning. I'm glad we're not having to put out into the world our inner most secrets or something along those lines. I now know that a blog could pretty much be anything and there are no restrictions on what kind of blog that there could be. I am attracted to blogs that have an organized layout with lots of pictures, barely any words, and are cohesive in topic. Without these components, I feel the blog has no audience or purpose, and really should not belong on any type of "Top" list that is out there in this world. 

Comments

  1. I actually really enjoyed the blog Decor8 as well. I like home decor and it is very inspiring. I did not get to check out that fashion blog yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree blogs with pictures helps me get more of a understanding of that the writer is talking about

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash--Your blog is coming along pretty well so far. You have some good content and ideas, and your tone is authentic, which is good. You have pretty good development and analysis. Keep digging and connecting. Don't forget about the visual appeal of your blog too; perhaps you are going for a very plain look, which if you are, it does work. But just as Jacqui agrees with you, people tend to like images on blogs as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Entry #10 I Swear Musicals Aren't That Boring

Entry #11 You blogged what now?

Entry #2 A Legendary Composer